- Match a line in column A with a line in column B to make a meaningful
|1. If people use public transport,
2. You’ll learn English more easily
3. If they don’t give him the job,
4. If I drink coffee at night,
5. You will speak English well
6. If you see her
7. The alarm goes off
8. Henry may lose weight
|a. I can’t sleep.
b. will you give her flowers?
c. if he does exercise regularly.
d. I don’t know what he will do.
e. there will be less pollution
f. if someone enters the building.
g. if you have more practice.
h. if you study a little every day.
- ____; 2. ____; 3. ____; 4. ____; 5. ____; 6. ____; 7. ____; 8. ____.
- Choose the best answer:
- If you are busy, we ________ this by ourselves.
- will do B. did C. would do D. doing
- How about ______ dinner with us on Sunday?
- to have B. have C. have had D. having
- My brother is very fond of ______ to pop and rock music.
- listen B. to listen C. listening D. listens
- Life today is very different ______ life 50 years ago.
- to B. from C. with D. at
- My uncle is a ______. He often does research in his laboratory.
- science B. scientist C. scientific D. scientists
- My father arrives in Singapore ______Monday evening.
- in B. at C. from D. on
- John goes to his office every day except Sunday. ______ Sundays he stays at home.
- On B. At C. In D. From
- I hope the weather will be nice ______ the weekend.
- in B. to C. at D. between
- Would you like ______ to a party on Saturday?
- come B. coming C. to come D. will come
- Helen is always in the kitchen. She enjoys ______.
- cook B. to cook C. cooks D. cooking
- People wanted to see the opening of the ceremony,________they started leaving very early in the morning
- because B. so C. but D. and
- Vietnamese women prefer to wear modern clothing ______ work.
- at B. in C. to D. with
- He ______ with friends in an apartment in HCMC since last week.
- living B. has lived C. lived D. live
- My mother said she ______ busy then
- was B. is C. is being D. being
- My village lies near the ______ of the mountain and by the river.
- leg B. foot C. feet D. legs
- If you don’t study hard , you ______ the exam.
- failed B. will fail C. fail D. have failed
- It is Saturday , ______?
- is it B. it isn’t C. isn’t it D. wasn’t it
- She said that she ______ learning English with you.
- like B. liked C. liking D. to like
- They ______ their home village last Sunday.
- visit B. visited C. was visiting D. were visiting
- He was born ______ March 25 , 1992.
- at B. on C. in D. for
- Unless you understand. I __________ explain it again to you
- am B. was C. will D. would
- If you know where she lives, please let me__________
- know B. knew C. known D. to know
- If he ______ a student, he will get a discount.
- were B. was C. were D. will be
- ______ you are interested in this film, don’t go to see it at any cost.
- Unless B. If C. Because D. So
- If you like that book. l will give it______you as my present.
- to B. from C. at D. for
- 1. e; 2. h; 3. d; 4. a; 5. g; 6. b; 7. f; 8. c;
- 1. A; 2. D; 3. C; 4. B; 5. B; 6. D; 7. A; 8. C; 9. C; 10. D; 11. B; 12. A; 13. B; 14. A; 15. B; 16. B; 17. C; 18. B; 19. B; 20. B; 21. C; 22. A; 23. C; 24. A; 25. A;